Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Global Barefooter-Germany

I'm not only excited to see that my blog has had many hits in the past month-we're approaching 500 today-I've also noticed that the audience is becoming globally diverse. So today I'm taking a look at barefooting outside my beloved home, the U.S.A. so I can share some perspective from Germany.

Readers from Germany make up at least a tenth of my wonderful audience at Almost Barefoot, and as I look at barefooting in Germany, it's not hard to see why. When it comes to barefoot parks, there's a building boom going on in Europe. Yes, barefoot parks: public parks designed with the intent of having their patrons go barefoot there on purpose. Of 14 barefoot parks recommended at http://www.barfusspark.info/en/park.htm, half are in Germany and Austria.

Near Germany's famed Black Forest in the Deutsch municipality of Dornstetten-Hallvangen is the "Dornstetten-Hallvangen Barfusspark". "Barfusspark" There park offers balance beams, water to slosh through and a variety of walking paths, says travel writer Laurel Robbins on her blog site Monkeys and Mountains.

Admission to this particular park is free. Some other may cost a few Euros and may not allow dogs, various travel writers report. But all of them seem to offer a variety of paths and allow the visitor to walk a good barefoot mile or two without going in circles.

In a lengthy web search on barefooting in Europe, the majority of blog postings and writings from folks going barefoot came from Germans, while Dutch barefooters took second place. My own blog traffic shows Germany holding firmly to second place among global readers, flowed by my wonderful neighbors to the north in Canada. Russian readers take third.

I'll be writing more about barefoot perspectives from around the globe and welcome comments and pictures posted with discretion (no fetish stuff, please; any such material, written or visual will not be tolerated and will be promptly deleted).

No matter where you are on the globe, take a barefoot walk. It will be good for you!

To everyone reading, have a wonderful day. And to mien Deutschen Leser: danke! Auf Wiedersehen.


No comments:

Post a Comment